The Johnston Peach Blossom Festival is now taking applications for individuals, organizations, and businesses interested in being a part of the historic 39th annual event.
The Festival will be held May 6, 2023, in Johnston, known as the Peach Capital of the World.
Each year, the Town goes all out with the Festival to remind citizens about the peach industry and to open its arms to visitors.
Applications and expressions of interest are now being accepted in the following areas:
- Pageant: April 29. Applications are available for download and can also be obtained from Gina Logue, 1129 Hwy. 378 East, Edgefield SC, 29824, (803) 480-0826; or for more information, contact Janice Cleveland, (803) 334-2507
- Arts and Crafts: Donna Livingston, P.O. Box 311, Johnston, SC 29832, (803) 275-7002
- Food Concessions: Noah Peterson, P.O. Box 282, Johnston, SC 29832, (803) 480-0135
- Entertainment: Gaye Holmes, (803) 275-4234
- Parade: Jenny Herlong, (803) 480-2595, 607 Edisto Street, Johnston, SC, 29832
- Rides: Debra Aston, (803) 275-2345, 416 Lee St., Suite 2, Johnston, SC 29832
- Program Book Ads: Debra Aston, (803) 275-2345, 416 Lee St., Suite 2, Johnston, SC 29832
The Johnston Development Corporation, a non-profit volunteer organization, sponsors the Festival. The Corporation works to aid the community in areas such as economic development, education, recreation, historic preservation, tourism, scientific and cultural opportunities, and continued promotion of Johnston.